Death of a maniac: 12 facts about Anatoly Onoprienko
In Zhitomir prison died bloodiest Ukrainian maniac, which account for 52 victims.
Tuesday, August 27, at 17.15 in the Zhytomyr prison number 8 on the 55-year life of a heart attack died maniac Anatoly Onopriyenko . In 1996, he was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of 52 people. This information "AiF.ua" confirmed to the press service of the State Penitentiary Service of Ukraine.
Here "AiF.ua" recals 12 facts about the serial killer....
1. On account Onopriyenko - 52 victims, including ten children's deaths. The youngest was three months old.
2. After completion of the investigation there were many Onopriyenko alleged but unproven episodes. The investigators suggest that the true death toll was much higher.
3. Onopriyenko killed in Zhitomir, Kiev, Lvov, Dnepropetrovsk, Zaporozhye, Odessa and Rivne regions. Chose the house on the outskirts of the village, knocking on the window. Men were shot with a hunting rifle. And women and children, sparing bullets, cut with a knife.
4. Maniac wanted to go free and even to kill 250 people.
5. His nickname - "Ukrainian beast," "Terminator" and "Citizen O".
6. Motives Kills Onopriyenko unknown. He himself claimed that a higher power ordered him to arrange a series of three murders: first (it should be killed 9 people) was against communism, the second (40) - against nationalism, and the third (360 people) - against "the plague of XXI century".
7. Grandmother maniac who was brought up, there was a fortune teller. Onopriyenko argued that it is passed from her prophetic gift. Some doctors who examined the murderer claimed that sometimes beside it easy to feel the effects of hypnosis.
8. Onopriyenko father left the family when the boy was very young, and his mother died when he was five years old. He studied at a boarding school, a child received too little love and experienced a lot of resentment. Psychologists suggest that this could be one of the reasons that Onopriyenko became a serial killer.
9. Most have suffered at the hands of a maniac village Bratkovichi Lviv region., Where he killed 12 people. Then the killer also came to the funeral of the victims.
10. To capture a maniac were connected 100 thousand militiamen, SBU and Interior Troops of Ukraine.
11. Former Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma, in which Onopriyenko replace the death penalty with life prison sentence several times unsuccessfully raised before the relevant services of the EU to postpone the introduction in Ukraine of the moratorium on the death penalty for carrying out the sentence against Onopriyenko.
12. Maniac, had spent 17 years in prison, no one came to visit. Native elder brother, who passed his militia had already died, and the former wife Irina and son Dmitri has long ceased to communicate with him.